Creative Agenda: A quick primer by me

I felt I had to write this. I might be getting stuff wrong. I'm pretty confident that I'm not (I have followed many discussions on the subject with great interest, taking notes), but if I am, please let me know.

I put it up on lulu (link should be right-click, save as), because I didn't know where else to put it. If anyone wants to host it elsewhere, feel free, just drop me a line. Same goes for re-writing it or expanding on it. It's not scripture.

I hope it will be useful.

Comments

  1. Nice primer Gregor. I think people misunderstanding some of these words led to them being dismissed as jargon, and think this helps to clarify things willing to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words.

    Yeah, that was my take on it too: misunderstanding and unclear jargon. But then I posted this on RPGnet, and my thread exploded and people argued my definitions. So, apparently, no luck there. People just don't want to accept it, which is absolutely weird to me, since it makes so much sense to me and explains a lot of what happens in play.

    I sincerely believe CA has a lot of merit. Maybe it should be completely rebranded and rewritten (not just summarized as I did here) and then people would accept it. It seems a lot of the backslash is just knee-jerk reactions to "Ron Edwards" being mentioned anywhere, which is just sad.

    Anyway, I'm already gathering more material to improve the document, mostly:
    -including more actual play examples, that's what it's all about really, show it's not just random theory, but about our gaming
    -wondering whether or not to include zilchplay
    -explaining more coherently how to recognise agenda (with examples) during the course of one or more sessions
    -need to include simpler and easier-to-follow explanations of Story Now and Right to Dream. Step on up is not an issue, I think, everyone understands that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment