YESSSSSSSSS! Delicious!

If you visit the Apocalypse World forums, you know this has been brewing for a while, if you don't, the official announcement has just been made - the makers of Echo Bazaar have struck a deal with three PnP game designers to publish a tabletop version of the game. If you know me, you know why I'm excited, but let me list the reasons:

1. Two of the designers are Vincent Baker (In a Wicked Age, Dogs in the Vineyard, Apocalypse World, Poison'd, Mechaton) and John Harper (Lady Blackbird, Ghost/Echo, Danger Patrol, Agon), both of whom I greatly admire, I could even go so far as to say I'm a fanboy. I can say without reservation that they are two out of three of my favourite designers (Luke Crane would be the third).

2. Elizabeth doesn't exactly make the top list, but I know some her work and have quite some respect for what she does.

3. Echo Bazaar is the damn best browser game, one of the best videogames I have played in recent times (if you can call it a videogame) and the game with the best fiction since...I dunno...Arcanum or Planescape Torment.

Together, this should make for a mindblowing combination.

Page here. Blog post here.

Comments